Blick Delivers, sort of...

I have been waiting for new supplies to continue working. Well, I had plenty to do and did keep drawing, just not what I was fixating on doing. I wanted to get the range of tools I felt I needed to depict the primrose seed pods as I see them, full of color and the promise of new life (via the seeds they contained).

 

#3 Primrose, 30" square, mixed media on paper, 2023

 

The Caran d'Ache Neocolors arrived yesterday, a third damaged in shipping. What? Oh well, I had a chance last night to experiment with cinnamon and the other lighter, more orange selection I ordered. I am pleased with the results.

I continue to be impressed with the importance of contrast and how black punches out form in a way all its own. Color is queen but without a range of values, it's well,  just flat. I want my drawings to jump off the paper.

I am very grateful to the support of the New York State Council on the Arts and NY Women in Film and Television for the support they are providing in this series, Life Is In the Balance.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Life is in the Balance Drawings Have Been Completed

Exhibit Opening: Saturday, July 22 from 12-2

Drawing #1: Mullein is completed