Life Is In the Balance Lives On...by Popular Demand

 

The Life Is In the Balance series of drawings has been on exhibit at Narrows Botanical Gardens since July 15th, scheduled to come down on September 15th. I am pleased that the exhibit has been extended by popular demand.

I want to offer my thanks in many directions; to the funder, New York State Council on the Arts and the Governor's Office, to Narrows Botanical Gardens for inspiring and exhibiting this wonderful exploration/celebration of the interconnectedness of all life. The images reference specific flora and fauna resident in the gardens but only hint at the magnitude of the reach of those relationships.

A special thanks to Loupe Digital for printing these images on vinyl that looks as good today as it did the day I picked them up. Remember that is after over two months of full sun and all that rain we have been having here in NYC. The vibrant color and accurate detailing in the printing is still very present today. The images have outlasted the labels I had laminated to accompany the artwork. The condition of the labels had become a distraction compared to the pristine banners and the labels were taken down.

I welcome every opportunity I have to quote 5th century BC Chinese philosopher Lao Tzu when he says "Simply see the oneness of things". Just as the mullein, the apple tree and the monarchs share resources and a connection, so it is with all life in the Gardens....and all life on Earth. The more we really breath this in and feel it, the more we will be true stewards of our living Earth.

Thank you for your interest in my work. Learn more about my art, animation and workshops on my website, KristinHarrisDesign.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Life is in the Balance Drawings Have Been Completed

Exhibit Opening: Saturday, July 22 from 12-2

PIcture Perfect Afternoon