Breaking my rules, I am doing thumbnail sketches for Drawing 3:Waterlilies

My "rule" to to focus and finish each drawing before I move on...well I guess rules are made to be bent?

I wanted to share this very crude thumbnail. I am always pleasantly surprised how valuable this kind of conceptualizing if for me...even if it doesn't make sense to anyone else. 

There are a few water gardens at Narrows Botanical Gardens, my inspiration for Life is in the Balance. They are all favorites but this new drawing will reference the concrete pool/garden on Shore Road.

 I am interested in simplifying the geometry on this next drawing and including straight lines, ie a square in this case.

 

Learn more about my work at KristinHarrisDesign.com and @kristinharrisdesign
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Life is in the Balance Drawings Have Been Completed

Exhibit Opening: Saturday, July 22 from 12-2

Drawing #1: Mullein is completed