Color Correction

 Drawing #2: Primrose     2.2.23
 

So begins the perpetual fine tuning of these images. I was not pleased with the color of the seeds pods. Too grey, not the lovely color bending to gold and orange that I am seeing on my samples.

Quick order to Dick Blick for Caran d'Ache identified as cinnamon, apricot, canary yellow, desert rose and fast orange? Plenty to do while I wait for them.

As I dream ahead I imagine I will not create images that require 5 large drawings of such a complex object....but I'm running with this one as is.

 

Big Moon, mixed media on paper, 30"x52", 2011

 As I review my earlier work (this one is 2011), I was drawn to this image because of the power of the silhouette, especially in contract to the detailed imagery of the rest of the drawing. I will definitely be experimenting with that technique, probably on #3.

 Learn more about my work at KristinHarrisDesign.com and @kristinharrisdesign.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Life is in the Balance Drawings Have Been Completed

Exhibit Opening: Saturday, July 22 from 12-2

Drawing #1: Mullein is completed