Exciting Stage of Laying out Number Three: Waterlilies

 It is such a thrill to see a blank piece of paper and make the first marks. 

With this project, it is the compass that is the first tool that touches the paper. My preliminary sketches inform the basic geometry and the creating of that geometry on the final piece of paper confirms it.

I know what my subjects will be as I start drawing. I am frequently printing out large (13"x19" prints) of the imagery for constant reference while I am working. 

 As you can see, my eraser is STILL my best friend. This is a process of give and take. Show me, modify me, show me again.

 

 

I am inspired by the water gardens at Narrows Botanical Gardens, but also by my memories of my water garden in my last home in Virginia.

 Here is the geometry and the color palette as I anticipate it at this moment. 

 

This is going to be fun!

Learn more about my work at KristinHarrisDesign.com or @kristinharrisdesign or @anim8nature

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Life is in the Balance Drawings Have Been Completed

Exhibit Opening: Saturday, July 22 from 12-2

Drawing #1: Mullein is completed