Monarchs & Milkweed: Zinnias join the party


 

The monarchs world is opening up. At the top you can see the milkweed seeds being blown around by the wind. Zinnias bloom in the garden during the summer. The monarchs are frequently visit the zinnias.

The stage has been set, my concerns now are the color palette and creating a harmonious balance of the elements that are telling this story. More work to be done.

Butterflies always make me think of my brother Paul. When we were children he was the one running around collecting insects. I was more likely looking at larger creatures. I vividly remember his setting up a sheet one evening and using a flashlight to attract luna months. They remain one of my favorites today.  

My mission with this work is to engage you and encourage you to look carefully and try to see how these organisms relate to each other (and us!). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Life is in the Balance Drawings Have Been Completed

It Hit Home Working on this Drawing Today

Drawing #1: Mullein is completed